Tuesday, September 3, 2013

hello, blog world

Well. This is it. For the past couple years, I've stalked read blogs and daydreamed about my own and what it would look like and what I would write and now, with Blogtember from a personal favorite, Story of My Life, it seemed like it was finally time to get off my ass and start this thing. What remains to be seen is if I will ever make it public. But, I digress. Blogtember!



Day 1: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are. 

I guess I should start with, here's me: 


Boyfriend has been cropped out as boyfriend has not yet consented to being on the interweb.
My name is Nicola Jane, but everyone calls me Nicky, except for my mom when she's mad at me. I am the youngest of three, with an older sister, Jessie, and an older brother, Matt. For the first 8 years of my life, we shared a lot of things, but most importantly was a haircut. Specifically, a bowl cut. But, seriously. I include this because it has irreversibly shaped my perception of haircuts, which I see as only slightly less frightening/traumatizing than needles.



 I was born in Connecticut and moved three weeks later to Northern California. I have an alarmingly intelligent and amazing and beautiful mom who is from England, and an absurdly bright, hilarious and caring dad who was born in Massachusetts, but has lived everywhere from Greece to Germany to England in his life. Here's the whole fam, in Portugal this past summer: 



There's a lot more to it, I promise - but I also think it's time for me to shut up. So, more will come in time. Let's be friends? If I ever make this thing public...

No comments:

Post a Comment